APPLY TO BE A MENTEE
Application: Incoming students are required in the Spring of their 9th grade year to submit an application consisting of short answer questions, writing samples, letters of recommendation, and family information. Completed applications (both the student and parent forms) must be given to your college guidance counselor.
Applications for the 2018 - 2019 academic year will be due by May 31st, 2018.
Interview: Following the submission of their applications, qualified applicants will be asked to interview with Minds Matter of Houston's Mentee Recruitment Team to gauge interest and assess commitment to the program.
Selection: The selection process is highly competitive and results in a pool of dedicated and talented young adults. Applicants will be notified of their admissions decision in the week following their interviews.
View and complete your application here.
BEING A MENTEE
High school students apply and are admitted as 9th graders and start as 10th graders, spending three years in the program. They'll receive -- at no cost to families (ever!):
- Weekly mentorship from dedicated young professionals that stay with the students through the program
- Paid tuition for college summer programs at leading universities
- Three years of weekly 2.5-hour college prep sessions, including writing, public speaking, and professional development
- 15-20 hours of ACT prep from professionals
- Expert guidance from our affiliate college preparatory partners
- Full support in the college and scholarship application process